Monday 19 March 2012

Letting you in on a moment that took my breath away.... ssshh!



Do you ever have those little moments that unexpectedly take your breath away?  They're a rarity for me - as hard as I try, I find it difficult not to mentally fast-forward to what's next.  (Must try harder!)  But one of those moments snook up on me over the weekend, caught me off guard and I was a gonner....


The back-story is Hubs and I have just marked our 6-month wedding anniversary.  It has gone by in a blink.  I can still hear the pianist playing as our chatty little gathering took their seats for dinner.  I can still smell my bouquet and the umpteen layers of nail polish my sister had lovingly applied to my toes.  I can still feel the swell of emotion, the peaceful happiness, I felt during the church service.  If I close my eyes I'm there.  But, really we're six months on.  Six months of sharing the real times, good and bad (the bad being when I lose it on discovering yet another one of Jack's infamous piles of stuff 'tidied'!).  So much has changed and nothing has changed at all.


And there we were, six months to the day and the day itself couldn't have been less romantic.  A day at work followed by an impromptu trip to the hospital (all ok).  But then....


I was going about my usual busy-ness at home and was taken by the hand, led into the living room and Crazy Love, our song, began to play.  Our first dance re-created.  But something felt different, physically different.  Noticeably between us was my baby bump, safely nestled between us as we swayed to the melodic Buble ... and man down! In a split-second I felt ridiculously lucky, reminiscent and full-up with love for this man and our baby.


Trust me, I didn't share this with Jack - he's still blissfully unaware of this impact his romantic little gesture had.  Don't ask me why but for an old romantic I'm not good at the mushy stuff.  So, as soon as the moment washed over me, I was back.  And onto the next .....

1 comment:

  1. Wildly romantic and perfectly put.

    Loved it . . . . x

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...