Monday 26 March 2012

Now we are one...


Tomorrow marks one year since BasilBe, this little blog-ette, came into the world.  Really it has been more to me than just a blog - it has (as twee as this might sound) been at my side as I've figured a few things out about myself.

See, when I started opening my heart here, I was pretty lost.  (That whole sorry tale is here).  No, actually I was clear on what I didn't want, but I wasn't quite sure what to do about the things I did want, love and dream of.  In opening up a blank post most days and writing what was bubbling under the surface, maybe even bursting to get out, I began to make sense of my passions and desires, the things that make me light up inside ... and I started to dream of a time when my life would be full of these things.  And then I couldn't ignore it....

What was a vague inclination to do something to help people (how vague!), steadily became startling clarity on how I might just do that.  First and foremost for me it's my family - this I knew all along.  The bit I didn't know was how to pull together my little melting-pot of skills and experience together into something purposeful!  (You can see what I've done about this here).  And the next step is actually in putting myself out there - watch this space....

So, to my cherished little space, happy birthday .... and a HUGE thank you to those of you have shared this precious time with me

Emma x

Image: One

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you ....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...